Ms. Allen is an experienced civil litigation attorney with significant corporate and regulatory experience in federal and state courts. Her litigation experience includes commercial, employment, products liability, personal injury defense and healthcare and regulatory.
Ms. Allen was a cum laude graduate of Northeast Louisiana University now the University of Louisiana at Monroe in 1991, with undergraduate degrees in General and Special Education. Prior to obtaining her law degree, Ms. Allen taught Special Education for the Ouachita Parish School District. She received her law degree from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University in 2005, was a Moot Court Semi-Finalist, and clerked for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana.
Ms. Allen has a broad legal background with over 16 years of civil litigation and corporate experience. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Allen served 5 years as General Counsel for a multi-hospital healthcare system, including the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport. She also served as an Assistant Attorney General for the Louisiana Department of Justice for over 7 years, where she engaged in litigation in federal and state courts. She has also served in a defense litigation practice in Baton Rouge.
Ms. Allen is licensed to practice in all Louisiana State and Federal Courts and is a member of the Shreveport, Louisiana and Federal Bar Associations. She is also a member of the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel and the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Corporate and Civil Litigation
- Employment Law
- Healthcare and Regulatory Law
- Products Liability Law
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- D., 2005
- Moot Court Semi-Finalist
- Clerked for the US Attorney’s Office for US Middle District of Louisiana
- Northeast Louisiana University (now University of Louisiana), Monroe, Louisiana
- A., Education, cum laude
- A., Special Education, cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Shreveport Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Society for Human Resources Management, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member